Where I've Been these Days

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where I've Been these Days

Post by Guest on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:53 pm

Age of Conan

An MMO I suggested months ago after trying it out myself. Phenomenal game that's improved hugely from its initial reviews to become probably the best MMORPG I know of on the current market. Based off of the Conan storyline, which is better than what most games go off of, leaves the game with a fair bit of nice storylines here and there that you can follow. Combat is amazing and fun, with no auto-attack and no one-on-one combat system, making it more realistic. If you swing a sword, you can hit multiple people with one strike if they're grouped close enough. Be careful swinging weapons around guards.

First things first. If your computer isn't good or has trouble with MMOs like Perfect World or LoL, don't try this game. It's probably the most graphically demanding MMO out there, and takes up a huge chunk of one's hard drive. Even at that, I still say it's worth it if your comp can handle it.

There's almost no grinding, with quests giving a huge amount of exp as well as some items worth keeping for vanity. It's possible to get a char to max level within a month, and I've managed to shoot a character up to level 60 in 30 days. At level 80, there's still a good bit to do, from PvP to dungeon raids to besieging guild cities. The guild system is pretty advanced, complete with ranks and guild PvP.

The best part is that the community for the game is awesome. The people are all trying their best to retain new players and help the community grow, and to that extent will even give away free cash and items to deal with the game's sucky gold and item curves (you won't have half the money you need for a horse by the time you're strong enough to ride one, and blue items can be stronger than green items 15 levels higher, and damn near impossible to find). Guilds are all great and there's some fun RP groups.

Always downsides. Only four of the twelve classes and three of the four races are ftp. While the four classes are still arguably the strongest four classes in the game, it's always fun to try out the other options, which will cost you 15 bucks for 1-month membership to make a premium-class character that you can keep after the membership expires. Bugs are everywhere, from places where your char can get stuck to bugs while riding your horse, to minor combat issues that render certain abilities useless or close enough. Small community in the wake of SWTOR, and slowly dwindling at that, though the people left are, as I mentioned, great. Gold spammers are in the chat all the time. Funcom, the company in charge of AoC right now, is terrible at responding to bugs and problems, and is generally known for overnerfing classes with patch updates while focusing on its newer game coming out, The Secret World (terrible game).

Other things I did or didn't mention:
- Girls can go topless
- Voice acting for the tutorial (level 1-20) island, but not after
- Fatalities can be awesome, from the barbarian throwing dual blades into the enemy as a ranged fatality, to the bear shaman tearing off the head of the enemy with their bear hands.
- Weapon designs are fairly limited, but the ones from the special dungeons can be pretty sick

I've gotten three characters to fairly high levels -
Skyril - level 61
Acheus - level 57
Yunali - level 42

All on Wiccana server. If your computer can handle it, it would be nice to see some of you guys join me. It's a good game and a direction away from LoL and arena-based games towards the older school Perfect World and other games of that kind.

Back to top Go down

Re: Where I've Been these Days

Post by Scarlet on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 4:22 pm

Red Blizzard wrote:Age of Conan

- Girls can go topless.
I'm in.
Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 4:18 pm

Wonder if anyone's serious about this game other than me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 1:29 pm

Tips for character creation and other basic stuff

You will notice that a lot of the girl faces are pretty darn ugly. That's cause they wanted to give the game a more real feel, where not all girls are hawt. So, to make a pretty girl face, this is what I do:

Choosing general facial features
Aquilonion: Trusting, Ambitious
Cimmerian: Spirited
Stygian: Malicious
Khitan: Seductive

Lower or raise eyebrows accordingly
Chin width - minimum
Jaw width - minimum
Mouth width - miminum

You'll want the above shrinked, or the girl will have a big, bad angry face in combat. She'll still have an angry face, just not so big or bad.

In the tutorial, you will run out of bag space pretty darn fast. Message my Skyril or Acheus accounts via the trader once you get out o the tutorial, and I'll send you 15 silver, which you can use to buy a rather nice bag from a seller called "Butterfly" in the Thirsty Dog Inn Night Instance only.

Also, during the tutorial, if you happen to run into the following items, do NOT sell them to the seller's. You can post them on the trader's and then sell them to other players for good starting cash, as they make good vanity items for girls:

Jungle Boots
Jungle Loincloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 4:00 pm

Other items that are worth good cash:

faded blue vest
faded blue bandana

Couldn't edit me last message.

Back to top Go down

Post by DT on Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:28 pm

Sorry for bumping.

The game itself sounds easy and manageable, unlike those other games where you do okay until level 25 or 50 (PWI, Shaiya), and then the games starts to get ridiculously hard.

However, I am not going to play this- I wish I found it earlier but at this point in my life, I need to really get away from gaming (because of me, not being very intelligent) and focus more on my career.
DT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:12 am

Ooh, thanks for posting though and the heads up. Hope to still see ya around dude.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum